Created fifty-nine years ago to serve the growing population of North Richland Hills, Davis Memorial United Methodist Church sits on the site of a former dairy, still meeting today the needs of the people for which it was created. In 1959, at the annual gathering of the Central Texas Conference, it was announced that a parcel of land, part of J. Fred Davis Sr's farm, had been donated to the Conference as the site of a new church. It was to be named Davis Memorial in honor of the memory of Mr. Davis' father, the Rev. George Crockett Davis who served as a Methodist minister for fifty years. The church's first worship service was held July 26, 1959, in a barn on Mr. Davis' dairy farm, a few blocks from the church's present location.
The church, built of the same pink granite that covers the state capitol, was completed in January, 1961. It consisted of a sanctuary, office space and Sunday School rooms. The original building was enlarged and renovated in 1968 and 1986. During its forty year history, the church's philosophy has always been to serve Christ by serving others, and with the help and guidance of the nine outstanding ministers who have served Davis Memorial, the congregation has been faithful in striving to meet that goal.